Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Copa Lagos MVP praises organisers, FCMB

The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Breaking News, information and opinion in Nigeria
Copa Lagos MVP praises organisers, FCMB
Dec 24th 2012, 00:24

Most Valuable Player at the 2012 Copa Lagos, Abu Azeez, has thanked tournament organisers and the main sponsor FCMB for hosting the tournament for the second year.

The striker, who was pivotal in the Sand Eagles' two triumphs at Copa Lagos, voiced his happiness at the success of the tournament.

Abu and his teammates lifted the Copa Lagos trophy for a second successive year on the December 16, overcoming six-times European champions Portugal in an epic final.

Abu was awarded the MVP for Copa Lagos 2012 after scoring three goals in the tournament to finish as the second highest top scorer.

The Sand Eagles star revealed what Copa Lagos has provided him: “It has really helped me with my career. People look up to me now and it makes me feel that I am on the right path. I believe that my performances at Copa Lagos have played a part in Kwara United signing me so I am happy about this.”

Azeez added, “I really want to thank the organisers for this competition, because it is not easy. I also want to thank FCMB, they really did a great job, and I want to thank them for supporting beach soccer, the Sand Eagles and Copa Lagos.”

Nigeria retained their Copa Lagos crown, beating Argentina, Lebanon and Portugal in the process.

The team have never lost at a Copa Lagos tournament. They will now shift their focus on qualifying for the Beach Soccer World Cup in Tahiti next year.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...