Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Music Starlet Emma Nyra: “I want to be known for the quality of my voice…”

9jaLife
9jaLife | Where Nigeria Gets Together
Music Starlet Emma Nyra: “I want to be known for the quality of my voice…”
Dec 31st 2012, 01:38

Follow @9jaLife All it took to get her noticed was a great collaboration with label mate, Iyanya, and the name Emma Nyra became popular on the Nigerian music scene. She brought Iyanya's hit single "Ur Waist" to life with her sultry voice and has two other well accepted singles "Ori Mi Wu" and "Everything I Do" to her credit. Emma Chukwugoziam Obi was born and raised in Texas, USA by her parents who both hail from Delta State. She attended Texas Southern University in Houston, Texas on a full volleyball scholarship where she completed her studies with a Bachelor of Science in Health Administration and a minor in Public Affairs. Now signed to Made Men Music Group, the fast rising star is set to make even more hits in 2013. BellaNaija's Adeola Adeyemo caught up with Emma to to get some scoop on her journey into music and find out what she has been up to lately. The name "Nyra"….  Nyra is a nickname I got in college which in short is just another version of Naira. Discovering her passion…  My journey into music started when I was very young. As a small child I often sang songs of my own, and I also discovered that my sister and I could mimic almost every song on the radio. I discussed with my parents that instead of going to college I wanted to pursue music. You can imagine the immediate response I got! College vs Music…  Being an entertainer is what I have always wanted to be. I promised my parents that I would get a degree first, then pursue my passion. I graduated in 2010 and I've been entertaining professionally since then. In the end I'm very glad I listened to them because I will always have a degree to fall back on. Relocating to Nigeria… In March 2012, I moved to Nigeria in order to further pursue my career. I have to admit it was a bit tough in the beginning. I had a hard time adjusting to the weather and I missed my friends and family dearly. In hindsight I can say that moving to Nigeria is one of the best decisions I've [...]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...