Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Friday, December 28, 2012

“Prison Taught Me How To Be A Better Armed Robber”- Kolawole Ajayi, Gang Leader

9jaLife
9jaLife | Where Nigeria Gets Together
“Prison Taught Me How To Be A Better Armed Robber”- Kolawole Ajayi, Gang Leader
Dec 29th 2012, 03:40

Follow @9jaLife "You again"? This was the question posed by an operative of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Ikeja, Lagos, on sighting a member of a robbery gang that was arrested recently by his colleagues. The suspect, Kolawole Ajayi, was discovered to have been arrested on two occasions  by the Squad  for robbery and charged to court. Between 2006 till date, he was discovered to have served five years in jail. But after serving each jail term, rather than turning a new leaf, the recalcitrant suspect would go back to his own vomit, more hardened. When approached, he stated with every sense of seriousness that robbery was the only job he could do, attributing his act to frustration and greed. Hear  him: "I am a School Certificate holder and  also  computer literate. I was formerly selling computer and phone accessories at Computer Village but I had no shop. All I was doing then, was to  hawk them  along the street of Computer Village. That was since 2006. Along the line, I started buying stolen goods and laptops from some of my  friends in computer village. You see, most of the  items they  sell along the street in Computer Village are  stolen.  But because I was making  huge profits from it, I could not resist the temptation of continuing. "I was arrested  in  2006  by policemen from  Mosafejo  division for buying a stolen laptop.  I was charged to the Igbosere High court but was granted bail, after awaiting trial for two months in the prison." His mere visit to the  prison apparently opened his eyes to other acts of criminality,as barely had he returned than he graduated into other forms of robbery. "In 2007,  after I was released,   I got a gun and  started robbing people at gun point. It was a one man's show.   I stole  laptops and phones at gunpoint. But again,  I was arrested and charged  to the Ikeja High Court, from where I was remanded  in Kirikiri prison where I spent two years". After serving his two years jail term, he reportedly continued what he knew how to do best and as expected, was arrested, charged to court and ended up [...]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...