Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Muhammadu Buhari Speaks- I’ve Never Been Involved In Coup Plotting

9jaLife
9jaLife | Where Nigeria Gets Together
Muhammadu Buhari Speaks- I’ve Never Been Involved In Coup Plotting
Dec 23rd 2012, 01:57

Follow @9jaLife I won't forget what IBB did to me, although I've forgiven him •I've not forgiven Obasanjo •My civil war experiences •No regret shooting cocaine pushers From ERIC OSAGIE and PAULINUS AIDOGHIE, Abuja Ever since the Supreme Court ruled on the 2011 presidential election, former Head of State and candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari, has always refused to grant an elaborate interview on his experiences and feelings. However, on the auspicious occasion of his 70th birthday, Buhari has finally spoken. In an exclusive interview with Saturday Sun, he talked about his growing up days, experiences in the Army, his emergence as head of state when he never participated in any coup, the 1966 coup and the counter-coup, the General Ibrahim Babangida coup that swept him out of office, the execution of cocaine traffickers, Decree 4 and the controversial '53 suitcases' that allegedly came into the country during his government. He also spoke about his relationship with General Babangida, who he said he had forgiven, although he would not forget what he did to him and his plan for the 2015 elections, among others. Excerpts: What kind of childhood did you have? Well, from my father's side, we are Fulanis. You know the Fulanis are really divided into two. There are nomads, the ones that if you drive from Maiduguri and many parts of the North you will find. They are even in parts of Delta now. And there are those who settled. They are cousins and the same people actually. From my mother's side and on her father's side, we are Kanuris from Kukawa. Where's Kukawa? Kukawa is in Borno State. We are Kanuris. On her mother's side, we are Hausas. So, you can see I am Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri combined (he laughs).  I am the 23rd child of my father.  Twenty-third  and the 13th on my mother side. There are only two of us remaining now; my sister and I. I went to school, primary school, in Daura and Kaduna, also a primary school, in Kachia. I also attended Kaduna Provincial  Secondary School, now Government College. I didn't work for a day. I joined the military in [...]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...