Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Monday, December 10, 2012

Milan’s Muntari fit for Nations Cup

The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Breaking News, information and opinion in Nigeria
Milan's Muntari fit for Nations Cup
Dec 10th 2012, 23:00

Ghana and AC Milan midfielder Sulley Muntari has revealed that he is available for the Black Stars 2013 African Cup of Nations squad, after recovering from a serious knee injury he sustained in June.

“I'm feeling really good and with God's will I hope to be back playing with AC Milan again next week,” Muntari said in a statement issued on Monday.

“I want to thank everyone for their support during this time of my comeback,” he added.

“I'm working really hard and intend to be fully ready to fulfill my duties for my country for the CAN 2013.”

Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah is expected to announce his 25-man squad for the 2013 African Cup of Nations tournament on Thursday.

Former Sunderland midfielder Muntari is eager to join his national team for the competition.

“The Ghana FA has not made a firm decision yet on any player, but as far as I know I am still in strong contention for a place in the team.”

“I can't wait to get back into it and I want to give my contribution to the team,” Muntari concluded.

The 28-year-old is one of the most important players in the Ghana squad, with his experience needed to help the Black Stars end a 31-year wait for an African title.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...