Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Friday, December 14, 2012

It’s too early to talk about another election – Jonathan

The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Breaking News, information and opinion in Nigeria
It's too early to talk about another election – Jonathan
Dec 14th 2012, 23:26

President Goodluck Jonathan said on Friday that it was too early to talk about whether he would run for the 2015 presidential election.

The President said this during his short address at the 2012 Holy Ghost Congress, held at the Redeemed Christian Church of God camp on the Lagos Ibadan Expressway.

He said his intention to attend the event was to thank Nigerians who stood by him during and after the 2011 elections.

He said, “I wouldn't have been president today, but God works in a miraculous way. I am not here to campaign as some people may think. It is too early to talk about another election. I am here to thank my brothers and sisters for praying for me to win the last election.

“I couldn't come in 2011 after the election because of state duties, but I sent a representative. I don't want it to look as if I just backslid after the prayers by Nigerians; so, I decided to come this year to say thank you.”

Jonathan said every nation had its own challenges but that nothing was beyond the power of God to solve.

He admitted that there was a challenge in the power sector but noted that there was a gradual improvement in the sector.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...