Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Friday, December 7, 2012

I only believe in liberation of the oppressed –Seun Anikulapo-Kuti

The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Breaking News, information and opinion in Nigeria
I only believe in liberation of the oppressed –Seun Anikulapo-Kuti
Dec 7th 2012, 23:00

Seun Anikulapo-Kuti is not only a gifted musician like his father, Fela, he is known for being in the news for different reasons.

A few years ago, he stirred up a controversy among music fans nationwide when he swore never to get married, though his father once got wedded to 27 women in one fell swoop.

Now, he is in the news again, this time for dropping yet another shocker. Someone, a curious fan who wanted to know what Seun actually believed in, had posted a question on his Twitter handle. The fellow had asked, "You have always been saying that you do not believe in God. Who and what then do you believe in?"

Then Seun replied, "I believe in nature and in the liberation of the oppressed and gullible people who are under man-made bondage; socially, politically, economically and otherwise. Really, I do not believe in God. I have said it before and I am repeating it. I am not a believer of anything supernatural. I do not believe in God, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Budha, Ifa, Ogun or whatever anybody uses as a reason to explain simple actions of nature. To me, God is non-existent."

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...