Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Friday, October 12, 2012

Please Help: Her Marriage Is Killing Her

Nairaland
Nairaland Forum
Please Help: Her Marriage Is Killing Her
Oct 12th 2012, 18:57

Fellow Nlanders, please help out a depressed soul.

My husband has abused me verbally, emotionally and even physically. My name is Betina and I have been married for four years with two boys(they are my only source of happiness now). I work in one of the communication firms and I earn an average of 110k per month. My husband is a business man but stays in one of the neighboring african countries but he comes home at least once every two months. My woes started barely 2 weeks after d birth of my son who I had thru CS, I had an argument with my hubby and d next thing I know he was beating and slapping me,that is not minding d fact that I was still recovering from CS. I cried and wailed and had to call his mum on the phone who in turn called all his siblings and they all pleaded with me to let go. He later apologised and I forgave him but he has still beaten me up on 2 other occasions even in front of d kids.

There's no time that we don't quarrel be it on the phone or whenever he comes back mainly because of money.he doesn't like spending money,and not that he doesn't have. Even when the children falls sick I am d one dat pays for their hospital bills. Anything that has to be done in the house he must tell me to contribute and I always do. When we first moved to d house we are staying in, I had to pay 1/3 of d total house rent yet he did not say thank u. He bought a land for 500k and mandated me to pay 200k, I also did dat. My husband bought a car to be using whenever he is around and he refused me to drive it. I tried on so many occasions to plead with him to allow me use d car but it always ends in quarel.

The last time we quarelled abt it he called me all sorts of name.dat I should be ashamed of my self, dat I ve been working and can't get my own car when there are women dat buy cars for there hubby. In fact that apart from the kids that am not valuable to him. That I don't cook or wash for him so he doesn't gain anything from me. I said no problem,and I resolved to buy my own car by december.

Now he wants me to pay the house rent.I told him I will contribute 150k while he pays d rest which is 250k but he refused. Unless I should go and look for a cheaper house which I told him I will not do. If he wants he should come and look for d house himself and be ready to stay there with us.he abuses me at every little opportunity calling me silly, silly, foolish etc.he is very ok financially but will rather want me to spend my last kobo rather dan him bring money for d family. I am just fed up with d whole marriage because I can't even talk freely with him sos as not to stir up any quarrel. I ve prayed and am tired.

Do u think there is hope in this marriage?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...