Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Friday, June 14, 2013

‘I stripped naked on oath for my husband’

The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Breaking News, information and opinion in Nigeria
'I stripped naked on oath for my husband'
Jun 14th 2013, 23:00

A trader, Mrs. Temitope Ojuolape, has pleaded with the Agege Customary Court to dissolve her marriage with Mr. Kayode Ojuolape.

Husband and wife had lived together for 13 years and they have three children.

Temitope claimed that her husband was not caring and not responsible for the children's upkeep.

She said he beat her frequently and there was no more love in their marriage.

Ojuolape, however, disagreed with his wife's claims and said he was not ready to divorce her.

The husband, a bus driver, who lives at No. 3, Olaniyi Street, Bariga, Lagos, told the court that his wife's stubbornness was responsible for the problem in their marriage.

He said he searched her bag one day for a pen and suddenly brought out a Gold Circle condom and that she denied knowing anything about it.

He said that his wife slept around, kept late nights and was wayward.

He said he asked his wife to stop wearing trousers but she never listened to him.

"In 2011, my wife went for family planning to block her womb without my consent. The day she left my house, she didn't tell me anything, we didn't even fight. She just said she was going to visit her mother, which was what she normally did each time we fought.

"It was unknown to me that my wife had packed her clothes in her bag to never come back to me again," he said.

He said he tried to call and ask where she was but she shunned him, saying wherever she might be was not his business.

The wife said the condom found in her bag belonged to his husband's brothers, who lived in the room before they moved in.

She said her husband accused her of adultery every time because she wears trousers and talks to men and that she could not do without those two things because of her kind of business.

She said she sells at a motor park, where she has to talk to men and that she cannot wear a wrapper all day as she closes by 9 pm every day.

"He slapped me in my sleep in the night, asking me to swear with a charm wrapped in a red cloth. I stripped myself naked to swear an oath to my husband after he accused me of sleeping with another man."

She said he had threatened her that except him, nobody will marry her.

She said it was because of this fear that she brought him to court for the marriage to be dissolved.

The court president, Mr. Emmanuel Sokunle, warned both of them to maintain the peace till the next adjourned date of July 1, 2013.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...