Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Saturday, July 27, 2013

REACTIONS TO AUTOMEDICS

The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Breaking News, information and opinion in Nigeria 
REACTIONS TO AUTOMEDICS
Jul 27th 2013, 23:00, by oayodele

I am a regular reader of your column in SUNDAY PUNCH. I want you to advise me on  the proprietary of importing LPG powered cars for use in Nigeria. I have seen some of them on the Internet and love them. I live in Ile – Ife, Osun State. Bisi Olawoyin, bisiolawoyin@gmail.com

The challenge of LPG powered vehicles is where to fill the gas when you need to refill. And also, the technical knowledge of the technicians that will maintain it. But they are very good on fuel consumption and also good for the environment.

Let me start by thanking you for the insightful information you give about cars. I drive a Toyota Camry 1998 model. I want to know how long I need to warm the car before driving it either in the morning or evening. Or do I simply drive without warming it. Besides, how often can a timing belt be replaced? Thanks you. Tony Memesi. 08023203xxx

All you need is just enough time for the engine oil to circulate and lubricate all the necessary parts of the engine internally. The timing belt needs to be replaced every sixty thousand miles, unless the belt is wet/soaked with oil, then you need to replace it ASAP and fix where the oil is coming from.

Thank you for always taking time to attend to questions from readers. Please, I came across a hand-like car scanner, is it different from the one you always refer people to? 08023077xxx

It is possible the scanner is different from the professional ones I usually talk about. But most scanners will read and diagnose most vehicles in a generic mode, provided it has the right communication protocol for that vehicle.

Sir, I want to find out why any problem affecting my 2001 Toyota Camry does not often show on the dash board. This also happens even when the alternator is not charging well. Thank you sir.

If the charging system of your vehicle is not functioning, it will not show on the scanner as a code unless it affects the functions of the sensors. But you can use the scanner to check the charging rate of the alternator; through the data stream screen.

Thank you very much sir for your very valuable column. I live in Ikere Ekiti, Ekiti State. Please, do you have a workshop close to where I stay so that they can look at my Toyota Corolla 1999/2000 model? It's making some sounds that I don't understand. Thank you very much sir. Ngozi, 08032313xxx

We don't presently have any location in Ekiti State. But we are planning to kick-start a quick-service and light maintenance/repair project in Akure soon.

Thank you so much for your efforts on issues related to automobile. I just replaced my BMW 1.5 model with a complete second-hand engine. It commenced work immediately it was installed. I want to know what else I need to do on the car. Toyin Jayeoba, 07039814xxx

All you need is a good maintenance of the vehicle, periodically.

The steering oil of my vehicle was leaking and I took it to an auto workshop in Ladipo for repair. But when the mechanic was loosening the steering rag, there was one nut he couldn't loosen. So, he called a welder to cut the nut. After repair, I noticed that he constructed four nuts to hold the steering rack. Now, when I am driving, the steering shakes and lets out a noise in motion. What do I do because I am disturbed? Henry Akomas.

What he did is very dangerous, those bolts and nuts could come loose at any time, that particular part "Rack and Pinion" is under a lot of vibration. If it becomes loose, you could lose steering control.

Please, how do I get the coil of Opel Twinsport 2005 model? I will appreciate any assistance rendered. Makinde. 08165266xxx

 You can get in-touch with Mr. Kenny in our parts department at www.automedicsafrica.com.

I just bought a Mazda Millennia 1999 model two months ago. I was told that its engine is bad and I want to replace it. I need your advice on the best one to buy. Akinyemi Akintoye, 08027546xxx.

You can get in-touch with Mr Kenny in our parts department at www.automedicsafrica.com.

I appreciate you sir. Please, I drive a Renault Espace bus 1999 model. The first four months of its use were pleasant though with compressor problem but it was rectified. Now, whenever I engage the gear, the engine shakes. Some technicians have checked the gear and engine mountain. But nothing was detected. I did a scan on the ECU and nothing was found too. Now, it revs higher than normal when it's engaged in drive position. But after balancing the engine, the noise becomes higher with no defect on the exhaust. Please what can I do to solve this problem? Adigun Ademola, 08137029xxx

You did not state the type of transmission, whether it's auto or manual. However, I believe the clutch system of the transmission is worn out, whether it's auto or manual.

 

I want to buy a BMW 325i and want to know if you can fix it for me.08022769xxx.

We fix all brands of vehicles.

Sir, anytime I am on motion and apply the brake, my Mitsubishi Galant, 2001 model car vibrates (worse in the front wheels).I have just changed the four faulty shock absorbers but to no avail. What is the solution sir? Dele Ajayi, 08063044xxx

Replace or resurface the brake discs, and complement with new brake pads.

I drive a Nissan Primera 2.0 1993 model. Whenever it passes through a small pool of water (not up to an inch), it will jerk vigorously and go off.

Also in the morning, it is hard to start. It jerks vigorously and only starts after five attempts. The plugs, carburetor and oil filter have been changed. Emmanuel Brown, belovedyb@gmail.com, 08053562xxx

Try and replace the distributor cap, with new o-ring around the cap.

I have always been a lover of Mercedes Benz because of its durability. I am interested in buying a 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor. I want to know if it's a good car that is easy to maintain or what are the things I should look out for. Also, I heard that our petrol only has only 91 per cent Octane in it. For this, I want to know if it is advisable to use an octane booster for a 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor in Nigeria or not. Your kind response will be greatly appreciated. God bless. Ukeme Mathew.

Mercedes Benz cars are very durable if it is well maintained. Yes, you can use octane booster provided it is good.

I am much enlightened on auto vehicle problems reading your column in SUNDAY PUNCH every week. I am a new resident in Benin-City. Recently, I purchased a Toyota RAV4 Jeep, 2006 model. Having run 10,000km distance, I intend to service it. Is there any of your Automedics workshops in Benin? Akeem, 08035902755 

 We don't have any workshop in Benin City at the moment.

Please, I drive a Toyota Camry 96 model. A light always appears on the dashboard, showing ''O/D Off." I want to know if it is normal. Thank you. Caleb Abata.

If the light shows and says "O/D Off" your transmission will not go into the last gear, which will cause your engine to burn more gas than normal. You always want that light not to show on your dashboard; that is when your O/D is on.

My Honda Civic 2006 only starts but does not charge. When I removed the battery head, the engine goes off. All fuses have been checked and changed. The technician said light was not getting to the alternator and that it was bad. 08037091xxx.

What you are doing is very dangerous to the health of all your ECUs and sensors; because the battery is the line of defense for all the excess voltage the alternator produces. Just go ahead and replace the alternator and use the proper tool to check the charging system.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...