Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Syrian crisis brought me to Nigeria, says Magd

The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Breaking News, information and opinion in Nigeria
Syrian crisis brought me to Nigeria, says Magd
Jan 10th 2013, 01:20

Dolphins' Egyptian goalkeeper, Awgad Magd, says war and crisis are two factors that brought him to Nigeria and Dolphins.

Magd, who holds dual nationality, Egyptian and Syrian, says he played in Syria until the war started and he knew he needed a fresh start.

"When the war started in Syria I knew I had to leave but I could return to the league in Egypt because the crisis there had caused it to be suspended so I had to call my manager to ask for options," Magd says.

"My manager told me about Dolphins and Nigeria and said it was okay and I decided to come because Dolphins are a very big name in Egypt so it wasn't long before I accepted after speaking with the coach, Stanley (Eguma).".

To get the starting role in the team, Magd has to contend with Sunday Rotimi, Austin Brown and Akombo Terhimon, which he says has been an exciting experience.

"Rotimi and Brown are big names. I heard about them even before I came here and I learn from them every day, just like I am sure they learn from me. We all train hard together and I know it is for the good of the team eventually not any individual.

"I also listen to the coaches so I can learn. Dolphins have big coaches who have big experience and I am here to learn," Magd said.

Magd started his career in the U-15 team of Zamalek where he played for five years before moving to Syria.

He has also had stints in Bulgaria and Dubai before coming to Nigeria.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...