Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fatal rage: “I got angry because he insulted me” – ‘Area boy’ stabs colleague to death

YNaija
News and Opinion... for the Young Nigerian
Fatal rage: "I got angry because he insulted me" – 'Area boy' stabs colleague to death
Jan 30th 2013, 06:50

A murder accused has told a Yaba Magistrate's Court that he did not commit the offence intentionally.

Thirty-two year old Ayo Oyewole is being tried for the alleged murder of Saheed Lawal by Magistrate A.O. Ajibade. He was alleged to have committed the offence on January 13, at 3pm at Abule Agbede, Alade Market, Ikeja.

He said: "Saheed is my friend although he is much younger than I am. We also enjoyed ourselves together at Alade Market. I do not believe he is dead. I did not mean to kill him, I was just angry because he was insulting me."

Prosecuting Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Felix Ifijen told the court that Oyewole killed Lawal by stabbing him on the neck with a broken bottle.

He said the two are "area boys" (miscreants) who smoked Indian hemp together at Abule Agbede.

Ifijen said while smoking, an argument ensued between Oyewole and the late Lawal and the defendant stabbed him.

According to the prosecutor, the offence contravened Section 221 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos, 2011.

Oyewole's plea was not taken as the court "lacks the jurisdiction to hear the matter."

Magistrate Ajibade ordered that the case file be copied to the Director, Public Prosecution (DPP) for legal advice.

She remanded Oyewole in prison and adjourned the matter till February 22.

- The Nation Online

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...