Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Shola Oladimeji, Man Who Flew Off 3rd Mainland Bridge In Toyota Sienna, Thanks Local Divers For Rescue

9jaLife
9jaLife | Where Nigeria Gets Together
Shola Oladimeji, Man Who Flew Off 3rd Mainland Bridge In Toyota Sienna, Thanks Local Divers For Rescue
Jan 28th 2013, 03:32

Follow @9jaLife   The man who survived a near-fatal fall from the Third Mainland Bridge into the Lagos Lagoon at the weekend has said it remains a miracle that he's still alive. Mr. Shola Oladimeji, who described his survival as an act of God, was driving a Sienna bus with registration No. EKY 974 BB shortly after the environmental exercise on Saturday morning when the bus plunged into the lagoon from the Third Mainland Bridge. He was rescued by local divers who went into the waters and fished him out. In an interview with this reporter at his Lagos residence last night, the Osun-State born Oladimeji said it was by divine encounter that he was rescued from the waters of the lagoon, saying only God could have accomplished such an implausible feat for him. He denied that he was on high speed as reported by some sections of the media, saying he wasn't driving beyond 50 kilometres per hour. His words: "I was coming from the office on Saturday morning. I had gone to attend a meeting. I got to the Adekunle Junction by the BRT, then I started driving on the Third Mainland Bridge. Everything was going on smoothly. I was not speeding at all. I wasn't even going beyond 50. All I remember next was that I saw my vehicle plunging into the lagoon. "I didn't know how it happened. I wasn't drunk. In fact, I have never tasted alcohol in my life. By the grace of God, I'm a Christian, a worker and minister with Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministry (MFM). If you know that church, you will know that alcohol couldn't have been an issue. I'm a Sunday school teacher and assistant zonal coordinator of House Fellowship. "When I saw myself going into the lagoon, I wasn't scared. What came into my mind was how I would escape. When I landed in the water, I was very conscious. I wanted to come out of the vehicle, but something was hindering me. Then I remembered I was wearing the seat belt. So I removed the belt and then saw an opening in the vehicle. Then I tried to come out. "I [...]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...