Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Casillas ready to prove Mourinho wrong

The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Breaking News, information and opinion in Nigeria
Casillas ready to prove Mourinho wrong
Jan 11th 2013, 00:56

Real Madrid captain Iker Casillas says he is determined to show Jose Mourinho was wrong to leave him on the bench for recent matches against Malaga and Real Sociedad.

The 31-year old came off the bench on Sunday to replace his deputy, Antonio Adan, who had been sent off after just five minutes for a clumsy foul.

He subsequently made several key saves in the 4-0 win over Celta Vigo in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday, and wants to prove his worth.

"I'm not going through a bad spell, but I have to train more and better and show that I deserve to be in the team. I have to show Mourinho that he made a mistake," he told reporters at a publicity event.

"I don't mind him saying that I was too comfortable in the team, because he is in charge of the team, and it's what he believes."

"He didn't give me an explanation when he dropped me, but I don't think he has to say anything to me. It was a decision he took and that must be respected."

Real Madrid is well adrift of a rampant Barcelona in La Liga, and Casillas offered his insight on the situation.

"It's a team game, not for individuals. Last season it was very hard work to win the league, but well worth it," he continued.

"Certainly we have had some bad games, and we know it is practically impossible to win the league, but we must continue fighting as much as possible."

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...