Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Friday, June 14, 2013

15-year-old singer shuns Mimiko’s invitation

The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper
Breaking News, information and opinion in Nigeria
15-year-old singer shuns Mimiko's invitation
Jun 14th 2013, 23:00

Fast-rising singing sensation, Ebunoluwa Alaba, a.k.a. Choco Girl, shunnned the opening ceremony of the ongoing Olusegun Mimiko U-18 International Football Championship holding in Akure, Ondo State.

Saturday Beats gathered that the young songstress was billed to perform live during the opening ceremony of the 12-day event which kicked off on June 5. One would have thought that the show would be the springboard for international recognition for the award-winning 15-year old singer and crooner of the Ayo and ABC fame.

A few days to the event, Choco Girl bowed out, although she had originally planned to honour the invitation. A source hinted Saturday Beats that she pulled out last minute as she had to attend to her admission process into the University. She has gained admission to study microbiology at the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta.

 "Choco Girl actually planned to honour the governor's special invitation.  At least she travelled all the way from Lagos to Akure with her team for rehearsals a week before the commencement of the tournament. But along the line, there were some developments and she pulled out," the source said.

When contacted on the phone, the Ile Oluji, Ondo State-born artiste confirmed her withdrawal from the event.

"It is true that I did not feature during the opening ceremony of the show but it was due entirely to my admission process. As you probably know, I just did my JAMB and I needed to process my admission when the result was released. I never knew the event would coincide with my school issues. I would have really loved to feature, if not for anything, for the fact that it would have given me the opportunity to honour my home state. But I thank God that the organisers understood my predicament. It was not a slight on the governor, as some people have been speculating."

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...