Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Thursday, July 18, 2013

National Mirror: Upcoming gospel act lands NEA nomination

National Mirror
All the Facts | All the Sides
Upcoming gospel act lands NEA nomination
Jul 18th 2013, 23:16, by ADEBIMPE OLATUJA

Upcoming gospel artiste, Monique, has been nominated in the Best Gospel Artiste/ Group category of the 8th annual Nigeria Entertainment Awards, NEA. The ceremony to unveil the 36 categories and nominees was held during a ceremony at Euphoria Night Club Lagos last week with officers of the US-based NEA in attendance.

The gospel singing sensation of Oba Gbogbo Aye fame was beyond herself with elation at the news. "I couldn't believe it; it was too much for me to grasp. A nomination for this prestigious award for me an upcoming artiste was too much to embrace. Immediately I got the news, I ran around in sheer pleasure.

Then, I called my husband to share the good news. Honestly, this is the Lord's doing and it is marvellous to my family, gospel music and the Nigeria music industry at large", Monique said.

When asked how the organisation got to know of her work, Monique said: "The organisers got to know about me through my debut album titled, Oba Gbogbo Aiye (King of the Universe) which is also the title of a track on the album. They noted that it has wide spread acceptance… it is also played on radio stations which affirmed its popularity". The nomination and possibility of winning an award from NEA means a lot to Monique.

"As a gospel artiste, the award will go a long way for me and others. I see this as divine intervention and plan to externalise Nigeria gospel music…call it an international breakthrough.

Other nominees in the gospel category are: Frank Edwards, Onod, Funke Akinokun, Sammy Okposo and Bouqui. The NEA is an annual entertainment award held in the United States with the sole purpose of celebrating and recognising the numerous contributions of entertainers in the African entertainment industry.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...