Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Who wins MTV Base VJ Search?

Nigerian Entertainment Today - Nigeria's Number 1 Entertainment Daily
We didn't invent entertainment reporting. We just reinvented it!
Who wins MTV Base VJ Search?
Jan 21st 2013, 06:05

By Osagie Alonge

MTV Base VJ Search - Nigeria_ The Three Finalists (from Left to Right Kemi, Ehiz and Ada)

The second edition of the MTV Base VJ Search has been nothing but exciting since it kicked off with auditions in December 2012.

With hundreds of young hopefuls filing in for auditions, to the interesting combination of the celebrity judges such as singer Banky W, OAP Toolz and actress Funke Akindele-Oloyede, and not forgetting the hilarious blunders, it's been nothing short of a fun project.

The list of contestants has been shortened down to just three, and in a few days, one lucky winner will emerge as the second MTV Base VJ winner, after Cynthia 'C-von' Ozoemena won the debut edition in 2007.

Here's what the three finalists; 26 year old Ada Ogunkeye, 25 year old Ehizojia Okoeguale and 22 year old  have to say about themselves and their chances of winning.

MTV Base VJ Search Qualifier Ada Ogunkeye

ADA

I worked as a lawyer in my dad’s law firm and I currently work as an OAP with Inspiration FM. I’m a qualified solicitor with LLM and LLB,. I lost my mother at a very tender age and right now I have an amazing step mother and I enjoy my family.

I have a beauty product known as JuliAda, I make creams and other African beauty products.

On wanting to be the next MTV Base VJ; it's a talent that I have and I want to do whatever it takes to utilise it and push harder to utilise the gift I was given.

If I lose, that’s not the end of the world for me. I won’t go back into my previous life though; I'll go forward and explore greater things, I still make my hair products and I would try to expand it, get other people to take over and I'll still keep my legal field relevant. If I win, it’s the right platform that I want!

MTV Base VJ Search Qualifier Kemi Owatemi

KEMI

I’m from Ondo state, I’m the first in the family of five, I’m a graduate of University of Lagos where I studied English. I currently run an independent show on radio.

Presenting has always been something I have wanted to do. As cliché as it sounds, I always wanted a job where I could chill and still work, where I exert my natural skills, plus get to meet people.

When I was 11, I used to present for 'Kiddies Island' which aired on MITV, MBI, and a few other local stations. That was an important foundation for me.

MTV Base VJ Search Qualifier Ehizojie Okoeguale

EHIZ

I'm a Gemini and the last kid of a family of five. I’m a graduate of Lead City University, Ibadan, where I studied Computer Electronics.

My media background has been simple but quite fun; Back in school, I hosted parties, award nights and other gigs. There was a time I was hosting and I had to call on stage 2face Idibia, that's one of my greatest experiences.

MTV is a platform that has set standards. I am Nigerian everywhere I go, and I represent. If I win, I'll be making the brand really proud by working hard and focusing on my skills.

If I win, the first thing I'll do is take my mum out for dinner because I love her so much; she was the one that informed me about the MTV VJ search (Laughs).

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...