Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Friday, January 18, 2013

I don’t know David Mark personally: Nollywood’s Chika Ike denies romance with Senate President

YNaija
News and Opinion... for the Young Nigerian
I don't know David Mark personally: Nollywood's Chika Ike denies romance with Senate President
Jan 19th 2013, 06:00

by Rachel Ogbu

There has always been a good relationship between politics and the movie industry in Nigeria – something literally, if you believe the gossip pages. .

Just last week, the Vice President Namadi Sambo's aide, Sani Umar denied secretly marrying Nollywood actress, Nkiru Sylvanus who is also a special adviser to the Imo State governor. Now actress Chika Ike is linked to Senate President, David Mark.

No, no, no – she says. The University of Lagos graduate of Human Kinetics and Health Education  is unhappy with the rumours that he allegedly financed the establishment of her Abuja-based upscale fashion accessories store, Fancy Nancy Collections, which opened in 2011.

"I made this particular issue clear in several interviews. I don't know David Mark personally. I only know him as the Senate president. David Mark did not buy me a car, neither did he help me with my shop in Abuja. All I'm thinking about right now is my divorce as I am officially separated."

With a calm mien, Ike's marital status is yet another bone of contention in the entertainment circles. She married at age 20, shortly before her venture into Nollywood, the dark-skinned actress succeeded in shrouding details of her marriage until  she and her husband parted ways after five years.

"I considered myself to be in love at that time. But as you know things and people will always change. Life happened, honestly nothing because I learn from every experience in life. Maybe if I had done something differently I wouldn't have gotten the experience I have today."
 

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...