Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Battle For The Red Sole:YSL drops 18-month lawsuit against Christian Louboutin

Dianah's Place
My Place...My Space...My Rules...Your Pleasure
Battle For The Red Sole:YSL drops 18-month lawsuit against Christian Louboutin
Oct 17th 2012, 17:25

For all crazy shoe lovers, you must have heard of what I have chosen to call 'The Battle for the Red Sole' , Personally, I am not a shoe freak, just a Watchaholic (love my watches to bits!) but if there is one thing I do know, its this- Be it YSL or Louboutin, you see the red soles, you better doff your hat, they don't come cheap and not everyone has one in their closet (I know I don't)
Well, Mailonline reports that Yves Saint Laurent has dropped its lawsuit against Christian Louboutin, finally closing a drawn-out case over who owns red-soles, for good.

The most recent court decision satisfied the french fashion house, which allows YSL to make monochromatic red shoes, where both the soles and uppers are red.
However Louboutin's 2008 trademark protection over the red sole alone will continue to be upheld, a decision which lead YSL to cancel its six counterclaims against Louboutin.

Battle: The New York Court of Appeals ruled that the distinctive red soles of Christian Louboutin shoes are entitled to trademark protection
Make Each Day Count For Good!

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...