Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Burning Cold By Mynd_44

Nairaland
Nairaland Forum
The Burning Cold By Mynd_44
Sep 27th 2012, 17:00

I walked into the hall, it was dark but lit (as usual). Just the way it is every time I went. Sometimes I wonder if my boss had to get some internal decorator to do the designs for him. I found my self walking through the passage. For a guy this old, He/It did not have any desire for painting or any form of art. The art he knew or was familiar with was simple and that was what I was here to handle. I went to the first door and it opened by itself as though it has a special sensory capability (but I know better). Immediately I stepped in, I got the feeling. The feeling I always get when I go see the Boss. The minions all around you feeling you, touching you probing your heart, brains and mind to see if you are carrying or hiding something.

Typical you might think cos all Bosses who deal in power have the thought that their staff might betray them and mine was not different. It has trust issues and I don't blame it. After all I have done in the past 6 months, I doubt It will trust any thing again. Not even the minions which He/It trusts.

I will explain the minions later cos they on their own are a separate story all together. I continued walking as the minions are not the type to spare you if they suspect you are hiding the slightest thing. I went to the second door and again it opened. The way this door opens always amuse me. You walk up to it and it just vanishes into thin air, I always find it amusing but today, I was in trouble and little things like vanishing doors could not put a smile on my face.

I wanted to enter but I could not move I knew this effect was coming from me(I was scared). I looked up and there It was in his "normal" form, appearance and glory. Glory because if an artist could draw this, it will be the best picture he has ever seen. But of course that artist will die or run mad before the pencil even touches the paper.

There It was bent down and looking into those scrolls. Those were the scrolls which got me in this mess and I knew It Knows. I stood there for more than five minutes just watching It. There were once rumours that the book itsef emanates from Him/It or an higher authority. But who will ask? There are worse things that death you know.

I still stood head almost bowed, legs itching, heart pounding and fear present when I heard that voice. The voice come as always the same way. It comes at once and stops.

I look in the direction of the source and It looked up at me. There It was claded in a garment as dark as blackness without any part of this flesh or skin (if he has any) revealed. The voice took the form of words in my head as usual and I started making it out

"I am the end of all mortal. The coldness that burns your heart, the inevitability of all thing and the oldest of all elements. I am the one who calls and all mortal answers, the one who takes and has never given, the one who wipes a smile and compound sorrows, I am the one who maintains the balance and who records it. I am the REAPER. The GRIM REAPER."

With that, I fell to my kneels, all thoughts wiped out and all concerns stopped.
He continued

"I am the first punishment and the only one you can't fight. The only way you must pass and the one from which there is no escape"
"Your lord, master and owner"
"raise your eyes and see me"

I looked up into that black hood and instead of a face, I saw noting just a stare that was filled with suffering, agony and contempt, no eyes but two fiery dots in the midst of the dark. I felt It go through me and I felt Its essence run through my being. I looked again and saw the soulless daze It had on me.

Yes my name is Peter and I am standing in front of my boss the GRIM REAPER also know as DEATH.
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...