Search Blog / Web

Custom Search

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Domestic Violence: Katherine Edoho and Zaaki Adzay's wife speak on their celeb ex-hubby abused them

Welcome To Amaka Ikenga's Blog
News, Sports, Politics, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Personalities, Fashion, Beauty, Inspiration, Counselling and more...
Domestic Violence: Katherine Edoho and Zaaki Adzay's wife speak on their celeb ex-hubby abused them
Sep 26th 2012, 16:52


Domestic violence is undoubtedly one of the many injustices against women. To my mind, what makes domestic violence the chief of any societal ill against women, is the fact that it is done by the very people who ordinarily should protect the women they abuse. Now, having ex-wives of some celebrities speak on this issue from their own experiences in marriage leaves me with an almost dislike for the male-folk, but then I remember that not all men are abusive. In fact, some are angels in a man's body. 

Now, go to the cut to read what Katherine Edoho (ex-wife of Frank Edoho), and Zaaki Adzay's ex-wife are saying. And in case, you didn't know, these women were abused by their celebrity ex-hubby respectively. Also at the cut, is the organisers' take on the need for the elimination domestic violence.


 Unedited thoughts from the makers of the documentary:
In support of Peace One Day's Global Truce 2012 'Reducing Domestic Violence' Campaign and in celebration of Peace Day taking place on the 21st of September, the Wellbeing Foundation Africa is creating awareness of the human and emotional cost of domestic violence by launching a short Eliminate Domestic Violence documentary which voices the experiences of gender-based violence victims.

Given that over 50% of Nigerian women are abused by their husbands, this video represents a call for the complete eradication of gender-based violence and a milestone in the campaign to amplify public awareness of domestic violence and empower victims to voice their experiences without reproach.

Unedited transcript from the video:

Frank Edoho's Ex-Wife

"Just to dare to argue with your husband is like a challenge in your home," Obiang who was once married to the 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' host, Frank Edoho said. "The woman is challenging the man and tempers flay and then you snap, then there is a slap. He says 'I am sorry it is a mistake' then says 'sorry I won't do it again,' then he does it again, again and again."


Zaaki Adzay's Ex-Wife

"He slapped me on the face so (and said) 'get up you must abort this pregnancy today. Now that I am married to you, you want to hook me with pregnancy because I am a celebrity.' Then there was a wardrobe in our room so I put my tummy in there and backed him then he continued beating me. He had some medicine in his hand and said I should swallow it and abort the pregnancy. When he gave me I said he should allow me take water, thank God the door was opened so I ran away."


You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...